Saturday 21 January 2012

Planning: Digipack

During our lesson, myself and my group decided we were going to start our editing as we had uploaded all three tapes of our footage onto the finalcut express software. Unfortunately, we were not able to edit as there were problems with the software. What we did instead was start our planning for the digipack. Our teacher had shown us examples of what previous students had done which helped us and gave us an idea of what not to do and what you should do. For example, images should relate to the genre that is chosen and not be random.
What we did was look at different websites which had a vaerity of different album artwork, fashion photography that we could use and photographs from magazines. One of the websites that I went on which had inspired me was booooooom.com. What inspired me in this website was the use of different colours and patterns and objects. I thought that using different objects such as broken glass or a rotten flower could symbolise the protagonists feelings; how she has been hurt and heart broken.






Looking at Sarah Blasko's albums, I came across one which had also inspired me. In this image she is lying down not looking at the audience which is powerful and links to the song we have selected. What I thought of is that we could have Kim in the same position and instead of the blue hair, we could have different patterns in black and white. The reason why I thought of black and white is because it reflects her mood and feelings and also because it would look strange if we had used colour. Not only is it inspiring, it also refers to intertextuality:


In the end, we all decided to use light as a theme for our digipack as we have experimented with lighting and shadows in the music video. Therefore we wanted to keep a running theme throughout the whole image, album, artist and music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment