Monday 30 January 2012

Digipack

Myself and my group have started to creat our digipack. This is the album artwork and information that is provided when buying the album in store or online. What we did was take many pictures of the artist (Kim) in the dark room in the art department which was useful as it is a room designed for photography which allowed us to capture quality photos. We used a range of angles and closeness so that we can work with the images in different ways using adobe photoshop.
 After the photoshoot, we had enough time to use photoshop and experiment with the images. One of the ideas we had was to layer over three images that are similar but not the same, so that we can imitate movement. Here are a few of the photographs that we took and thought these in particular are the best out of the whole lot that we took. 
In addition to these photos, we still need to take a lot more which could include different locations and think about photographs that do not include the artist as to point of focus.










Having Adobe Photoshop at home, I was able to experiment with the software myself and portray my own ideas:
For my first idea, what I did was experiment with the lighting which is an important element in our video. I selected this photo as she is not looking at the audience which I believe is powerful as she is not able to face us after what she has been through. All her emotions are portrayed in her lyrics which is why I thought that she should do the same for the album artwork which will therefore give the audience an idea of what her song is about and what we want to exemplify in the video.
For my second idea, what I did was add a colour splash to the flowers and leave everything else black and white. I selected this photo because again she is not looking at the audience.What I wanted to convey is that the artist is living in her black and white world as she is not able to move on. I gave the flowers colour to show that there is still hope and that there will be a brighter future. The use of colour also allows the reader to understand the artists emotions which give the audience an idea of what her song is about and what we want to exemplify in the video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment